There are a slew of stats out there as to why online video is a no-brainer for marketing campaigns. Among them are these we found particularly interesting:
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line increases open rates by 19%, click-through-rates by 65%, and reduces unsubscribe rates by 26%.
- The average Internet user spends 88% more time on a website with video than without.
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy after watching a product video.
You may be thinking, “I know video is important, I hear that all the time.” But your company may not be utilizing video in the right ways to drive leads and conversions and get the most out of the campaigns you’re already running.
According to a 2015 video content marketing survey, 96% of B2B marketers reported they use video as part of their marketing strategy, with 73% confirming positive results.
How video can help turn your marketing campaigns up a notch.
- Guide leads further down the sales funnel.
You should be creating video appropriate to where your audience is in the buying cycle. Salesforce provides effective types of videos for each stage of the sales funnel.
- Top of the Funnel: Win the attention of prospects with high-level topics that have broad appeal. These could include how-to content libraries demonstrating your expertise, thought-leadership interviews with company executives or influencers, or company culture videos showcasing what makes you unique or different.
- Middle of the Funnel: Help your leads determine if your product or service is the right fit for them with more detailed video content such as case studies, detailed product demos and client testimonials.
- Bottom of the Funnel: Close the deal with video that reinforces the user has made the right choice. Consider FAQ videos or videos specific to an event or timely issue you know your customer cares about.
- Gain valuable insight into your prospects.
You can get powerful, actionable insight about your prospects by tracking user video viewing activity on your website and wrapping that data into your lead scoring methodology. Then, turn that insight into lead nurturing tactics to increase conversions.
- Improve conversions.
Video has been shown to have a positive impact on conversion rates because of the unique visual experience it provides to the user, and ability to convey information in a more interesting and engaging way.
When adding video to a homepage, landing pages or product pages, consider these elements to optimize your video for success:
- Calls-to-Action. Use CTAs throughout the video that drive viewers to a landing page where they can download a white paper, sign up for a free trial, etc.
- Website links. Display your website URL clearly at the beginning and end of the video to help drive traffic.
- Understand how using video is impacting your ROI by gathering metrics around unique views, time watched, user location, and effectiveness of your CTAs.
- Social Distribution. Upload the video to YouTube/Vimeo, embed the video on your website and share it on social platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- 66% of marketers find using video in their email campaigns to be an effective way to drive conversions. Use compelling content and a relevant CTA linking to a landing or product page.
- Video results are more likely to appear on front-page search results than text, so be sure you’re using the right keywords and phrases.
Are you ready to implement video into your marketing strategy or campaign and looking for some help? Contact Fishnet today.